Whether you’re a healthcare professional, you have a job that requires you to know CPR, or you just want to be prepared in case of an emergency, NTSOC offers standalone Basic Life Support (BLS) Training. This class will teach you how to differentiate between various life-threatening emergencies, best practices for chest compressions and ventilations, and other cardiovascular therapies. Training includes:
Instruction on performing CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival (primarily the BLS components)
- Important early use of an AED, and how to do this
- How to perform life saving ventilations using a barrier device
- Multirescuer resuscitation skills including the importance of teams, and how you can be an effective part of that during multirescuer CPR.
- How to remove obstruction to airways for adults and infants in the case of choking